Monday, January 07, 2008

Fire Rock blows out

I'm bummed.

I don't know why I have such an emotional attachment to this place. Maybe it's because I used to go to the Hungry Farmer and thought that was a fun concept with only one thing missing: good food.

Then, Ranch Foods Direct comes in, fancies it up nicely, opens it as an upscale restaurant serving natural beef. A beef between the owners causes a split, and Calcrate pulls out with his meet.

Amazingly, it was still good, I thought as Fire Rock. Unfortunately, it cost several million to remodel the place, and nobody was going to be able to recoup that.

Maybe the next owners will get it at a reasonable cost and be able to run the business without that tremendous debt hanging over their heads.

Rumor has it the owners of Marigold are looking at it. Wouldn't THAT be cool!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warren
When we were roommates in college you never showed such epicurean discretion when chowing down on my dads kosher steaks

3:18 PM  
Blogger Warren Epstein said...

Jason?
I still have dreams of those steaks!
Email me at warren.epstein@gazette.com.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home