Monday, December 11, 2006

Farewell to Dewey's

Warren,
The Westsiders have wondered what happened to Dewey's American Grill on Garden of the Gods. It is closed all of a sudden. Any ideas? Are they closed in Denver also?
My wife and I believe the best restaurant in the area is The Blue Star. Always great food, especially in the bar area where it is very
reasonable. We'll keep reading!
Jim McKenna


Dear Jim,
Dewey's had plenty of big-screen TVs and the food was OK (I liked the fish 'n' chips), but in this town, if your sports bar isn't called Old Chicago, you're going to struggle. Dewey's closed here, but locations are still open in Littleton and Highlands Ranch.
And I agree with you about Blue Star. I've been a fan since it opened on the West Side.
Warren


YOU BE THE CRITIC.... readers ... please click on the comment button and send me your comments and questions about local restaurants.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

I stopped by Dewey's Dec.16. BIG sign in the window that it has been seized by Colorado Department of Revenue.
What a shame. Good sandwiches were to be found there.

Ron

11:16 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Looking for casual, good, inexpensive chinese food? Try Garden Cafe Chinese Restaurant
1580 Space Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80915 (In Wal Mart Center)
(719) 622-8622
Only $1.50 per scoop, and these scoops are HUGE! Always seems freshly made.
I always get a take home box after I finish eating, and then get another meal out of it.
Ron

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband, our daughter & I went to one of our favorite restaurants on 12/23/06 -- A.I. Sushi Bar & Grill on Powers at First & Main.
We don't eat out very often, but had enjoyed it when we were there about a year ago. We love the grill cooking & always enjoy the "show" the chefs put on for you.
This was an older gentleman; I wasn't impressed with his cleanliness; he was nice to talk to, but we just didn't feel it was up to the standards we had experienced the first time we had dinner there. About a half hour or so after dinner, all three of us were in the bathroom with diarrhea. So, we pretty much decided that would be the last time we would go there. I don't know if the other restaurant on Centennial is under the same management or not.
So, we would not recommend this restaurant to anyone right now.
Heather - 80920

11:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff Langr said...

Good riddance to Dewey's. Customer service was downright abusive. My wife was treated very poorly, as were a number of other people I had talked to about the place.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home