Monday, July 02, 2007

In Santa Fe, searching for the right Chile


I was in Santa Fe this weekend for opening night of the opera. Yes, whatever else you want to say about Nathaniel Glen, you can't say he doesn't love a good dose of culture from time to time. Anyway, while I was there, I had time for only one lunch, which is tough. I've been a fan of The Shed downtown for years, but people had strongly recommended Tomasitas. So I took a chance.

Tomasitas was good. Nice green and red chile, blue corn enchiladas, a fantastic, crisp relleno, and a chile and posole soup that was classic New Mexico. But, sorry, The Shed is better. It's still my go to cheap Mexican in central Santa Fe. I can't wait to go back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore everything about Santa Fe including their awesome farmers markets. Thomasitas margarita rocks, its nice becaseu even on busy nights you are almost sure to get a table and in and out quick.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Margarita review today, I was there for Moonstruck and you made me hungry all over again! Quick note, Ken Davidson passed away quite a while ago and Chef Eric is the man behind all the magic there, lets hope he continues to please!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home