Monday, March 31, 2008

EATING OUT WITH JAKE


EDITOR'S NOTE:
Today our Dining Blog introduces a new feature, Eating Out With Jake, reviews from one of our younger readers. Local 9-year-old Jacob Legg feels passionately about food, and he knows how to express himself. Look for his reviews regularly in this space.

By Jacob Legg

The next best thing to eating breakfast at home with my family is eating a yummy breakfast at Rudy’s Hideaway on South Nevada Avenue in front of the Travel Lodge Motel.

We like going there because the people are friendly and the food is very good. The waitress is always smiling and remembers our names. I usually have something spicy for breakfast. This last time I had the Cheese Enchiladas and eggs with beans on the side.

When I asked the waitress for the green chili she looked at me in surprise and said, “Are you sure?”

I love their green chili!

My sisters had scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage patties, while my mom had a big warm cinnamon roll with butter dripping over it and my dad had Huevos Rancheros. All of us cleaned our plates and sat back in our chairs happy with our stuffed bellies. While I ate I could look back into the kitchen from our table and watch the cooks working quickly at the stoves as the restaurant filled up with a lot of familiar faces.

If you’re in a hurry then Rudy’s isn’t the place for you, but if you want great food and don’t mind the short wait as they prepare it, this is the best place to have breakfast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The review made me want to try Rudi's.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great review... think I'll head over to try Rudy's this weekend! Thanks.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home