Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dining critic candidate No. 7

I recently came across the "Ai Sushi" restaurant off Centennial Blvd.
I found the menu selection to be exciting - "Samurai Roll", "Salmon Lover" and definitely the "Heart Attack".

I ordered a "Rainbow Roll", tuna sashimi and a "Heart Attack".
The "Rainbow Roll" is a variation of the popular "California Roll", a "reverse" roll with crab meat, topped with fresh ahi and yellowtail tunas, salmon, shrimp, and avocado. Simply made to perfection.

I was blown away by the "Heart Attack". Jalapenos stuffed with crabmeat and tempura deepfried, cut lengthwise in halves and teriyaki sauce drizzeled on top of it. Sweetness from the teriyaki and immediately followed by the spicyness from the jalapeno - a heartattack? No, but almost to die for . . .

The ambiance, service and cuisine culminated in an experience beyond my expectations.

I've had Sushi in several countries over 2 continents but "Ai Sushi" is absolutely one of the best I have ever been to. I am confident sophisticated sushi connoisseurs will love it and sushi newcomers will be treated to a memorable first-time experience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey C whats up. I read candidate # 7 on the sushi is that yours, it was real good. I want to try it havent had much just a few times but that review got me hungry.

I love to eat and when I lift heavy I eat about 7 meals a day, funny trhough I can only gain about 3lbs a week when in that cycle, pisses the chicks off when they see me eating anything and every thing and still abag of bones,lol.
So When i get out can you show me around town a bit, I do want to check the place out to when i get to COS.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good food detail, not enough atmosphere commentary, excessive usage of quotes. Review needed additional length to do the restuarant justice.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Warren Epstein said...

FYI. "submission reviewer" is not associated with the Gazette.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home