Monday, April 21, 2008

Jake at Maggie Mae's

EATING OUT WITH JAKE
by
Jacob Legg

One of my favorite restaurants is Maggie Maes on Pikes Peak Ave.. This last Sunday my family went over there to have breakfast. When we got there we had to wait a while for a table because the place was packed. We were able to get one of the big booths behind the cash register. Our waitress, even though she was busy with several other tables, remembered our names when she put down a tin of broken crayons and pictures to color. I like the coloring pictures here because they hang them up around the restaurant.
Now, about the great food. I had a short stack of pancakes with bacon, while by little sister had scrambled eggs and bacon with orange juice. My big sister had her usual scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns and my mother had her favorite French toast. My dad ate corned beef hash, eggs over easy, and hash browns with a cup of coffee. Even though the place was busy, our food got to us before I was able to finish coloring my picture.
Everything about this restaurant is good. Whenever we come in, we see old people, police officers, families with lots of kids, and sometimes people reading the newspaper. If you are ever out on East Pikes Peak Avenue, you should stop off at Maggie Maes. You won't be sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home